Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Marriage Equality

If you've been here before I'm sure you know I support marriage equality. People should be allowed to marry the person they love, regardless of gender. This weekend there will be a vote on this issue, so I am posting a link to a page where people can send an email to the Labor Party in favour of equality for anyone who may want to send one and/or pass it on.

http://www.australianmarriageequality.com/laborconference/

And a pie-chart (because everyone loves a pie chart), on what will happen if gay people are allowed to get married.

I think I got the pie chart from Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal but in case I actually ganked it off some random tumblr, credit to whomever made it.

5 comments:

Toni said...

I used to be firmly against gay marriage, but I've changed my mind.
In part, because of graphics like this.

Jayne said...

Yeah, I'm over-whelmed with the world-wide crisis that will breakout when gay marriage is legalised (rolls eyes at the fools in power).

River said...

Love the pie chart!

Windsmoke. said...

I've always been in favour of gay marriage its the church that's got too much say in the matter and should keep their noses out of peoples private lives i don't think the sky will fall in if gay people are allowed to marry :-).

Kath Lockett said...

And as someone once said, "Why shouldn't gay people be as miserable as straight people?" :)